Vegetarian Quinoa Salad Lettuce Cups
Vegetarian Quinoa Salad Lettuce Cups is a vegetarian delight for lunch or a light supper. Easy to make for a party or gathering, just double the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup uncooked TriColor Quinoa (or white quinoa)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup of vegetable broth & 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 4-6 Lettuce ‘cups’ (I used butter lettuce, it has just the right shape to hold the salad)
- For Balsamic Orange Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- juice from 1/2 of an orange
- 1 small shallot, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute the chopped onion in 1 tsp. olive oil just until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the 1 cup of vegetable broth and 1 cup of water. Stir in the quinoa and cook according to package, approximately 12 minutes covered.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and let cool for an hour or two or overnight. Quinoa is flexible and will stay in the fridge a day or two until you are ready to use it.
- Wash tomatoes and strawberries and cut them in half or slice according to your preference.
- Mix the tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli with the cooled quinoa and add the dressing.
- Serve on lettuce cups.
Balsamic Orange Dressing
- Add oil, vinegar, and juice from the orange to a small bowl.
- Stir in the minced shallot
- Using a whisk blend well and add salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: quinoa salad lettuce cups, vegetarian salad, easy recipe