An easy cookie to make chocolate chip marshmallow cookies are a delicious treat anytime.
Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
I’ve been on marshmallow overload this summer putting marshmallows in my cookies. There is only one ‘tiny little’ problem, the marshmallows melt away when they bake. I always get disappointed when I see the craters in the cookies from the melted marshmallows.
After reading the recipe and the comments on www.marthastewart.com and seeing my first batch of cookies I made a few changes to the recipe.
I made several different batches of cookies before I realized I should only scoop up the dough and chocolate chips in first and then fill the remainder of the scoop with the dough and a few marshmallows. That way the marshmallows are at the bottom and do not create craters on top of the cookie.
Here are a couple of TIPS:
The cookies were too sweet for us to I used less sugar since the marshmallows are sweet.
I scooped out the cookies and placed the entire cookie sheet in the fridge and/or freezer to chill for the alotted time before baking.
Chilling the dough is a must.
Baking time is definitely less than the recipe, especially since I used a smaller cookie scoop.
You can see the melted marshmallow craters in the photo. That was the first tray. I decided to scoop the dough and chocolate chips up and then filled the rest of the scoop with the dough and marshmallows. This assures the cookie is worthy to send “Back To School”.Print
Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies easy to make anytime. Make a batch and freeze some for the busy days when everyone needs a sweet treat.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 35-40 min
- Yield: 2 dz. approx.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (I use granulated Monk Fruit)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups Cornflakes
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream together butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high approx. 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and add egg and vanilla and beat for another 6-8 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda mixing just until the dough comes together, 30-45 seconds and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low, add the cornflakes and chocolate chips; mix until just combined, 30 to 45 seconds. Add mini marshmallows and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop drop dough onto the baking sheets. Pat tops of cookie to flatten. Wrap baking sheet tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 1 week. Do not bake cookies from room temperature or they will not hold their shape.
- Arrange chilled dough at least 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Transfer to oven and bake until puffed, cracked, spread, and browned on the edges, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets.
Looking for a back to school cookie I wanted to send the boys off with memories of s’mores before we start baking with the flavors of fall.
This kid friendly Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookie is from Martha Stewart. What a great idea to add cornflakes to the cookies, it’s a bit of breakfast with dessert.