Grilled Chicken With Onions and Peppers
Grilled Chicken with Onions and Peppers is an easy weeknight meal. You can roast the chicken with the vegetables in the oven early in the day. Dinner will be ready when you are. When the weather is warmer grill both the vegetables and the chicken. Quick and Easy.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 15-45 min.
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Prepare Onions & Peppers for Grilling (or oven roasting):
- 1-2 large yellow or sweet onions
- 2 large red and/or yellow peppers
- 2-3 TBLS. olive oil (less or more to taste)
- 2-3 TBLS. balsamic vinegar (less or more to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- For Grilling Chicken:
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 clove garlic chopped (or chopped shallot)
- 3 TBLS. fresh chopped parsley
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 TBLS. avocado oil (or any neutral flavor oil you prefer)
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of paprika
- Add the onions and peppers to a large bowl and toss with the oil and balsamic vinegar, add salt and pepper to taste. Place on a hot grill or roast the onions and peppers in an 425 degree oven.
- Grill/roast the vegetables approximately 20-40 minutes, turning often to prevent burning, cooking until the onions and peppers have softened and starting to brown and color. The actual cooking time will depend on your grill or oven temperatures. Our grilling time is 15 minutes and roasting time in my oven is about 40 minutes.
- Add the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk together for a marinade. Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts and chill for 15-30 minutes while the vegetables are cooking.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place on the grill, turning once to cook on both sides.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on the plate and top with the peppers and onions.
The cook time will vary based on whether you oven roast the chicken and vegetables or grill on the outdoor grill.
Keywords: grilled chicken, peppers, onions, oven bake, grilling recipe