S’mores Ice Cream recipe two ways takes away the heat of the campfire and cools you with a delicious treat.
S’mores Ice Cream Recipe Two Ways
I have been obsessed with marshmallows lately. Don’t know why and I have no excuses. Though I’m a bit concerned since I’ve consumed more sugar this month alone than I have all year.
Who can resist S’mores with all of its rich delicious chocolate and sweet marshmallows?
I made this S’mores Ice cream recipe two ways. I just couldn’t leave those marshmallows sitting alone in the pantry so I made s’mores ice cream recipe two ways.
Why not experiment with this S’mores ice cream recipe. I made a chocolate ganache to add in the vanilla base along with the chopped graham crackers and marshmallows. It was so good. The ice cream turned out like a fudge swirl since the chocolate ganache softened a little when I added it into the ice cream mixture. It was delicious.
Then I made a s’mores vanilla ice cream. You can make your favorite ice cream recipe if you wish. I made mine with coconut milk and experimented with a recipe that called for adding instant pudding. This is my first ice cream recipe using instant pudding.Print
S’mores Ice Cream Recipe Two Ways
This is a delicious summer ice cream dessert. S’more just screams summer so I made s’more ice cream two ways. One is a s’mores chocolate ice cream and the other is s’more vanilla ice cream. This recipe is adapted from several recipes found on Taste of Home.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 2-5 min for ganache
- Total Time: 2-4 hrs. chill time
- Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1-2 TBLS. milk
- 1 small pkg.Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 TBLS. vanilla
- 2 cans Coconut Milk, cold (I used 1 can full fat and 1 can low-fat)
- 4-6 Graham Crackers, crushed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
For Toppings (optional)
- chocolate chips
- graham crackers
- mini marshmallows
- In a small microwave/pyrex dish add the milk and heat for a few seconds in the microwave. Add in the chocolate chips and stir well until the chocolate has melted. If the chocolate does not melt, microwave for a few more seconds and continue to stir until all the chocolate is blended. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & chill until ready to use.
- Mix the package of pudding mix, coconut milk, and vanilla in a blender for approx. 30 seconds to a minute just until the pudding is well combined with the milk.
- Chill the mixture at least 2 hours. I put my mixture in the freezer to chill quicker. Just keep an eye on it, stir often so that it doesn’t freeze. This freezer method only requires about 45 minutes of chilling.
- When well chilled pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and churn according to directions.
- I stopped the ice cream machine at the soft serve phase and folded in the ganache, graham crackers and marshmallows.
- Place in a freezer container and freeze until ready to serve.
Keywords: S'mores Ice Cream, vanilla instant pudding, easy recipe
The second ice cream is a s’mores vanilla ice cream. It’s topped with mini chocolate chips, marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers. The s’mores vanilla ice cream recipe is the same recipe without the chocolate ganache.
I didn’t add sugar to either of the s’mores ice cream recipes I made. The marshmallows added enough sweetness for our family’s palates. Feel free to add sugar if you wish.
If you love s’mores you might also like this S’mores Pizza.
PLEASE SHARE &