S’mores Ice Cream Recipe Two Ways
This is a delicious summer ice cream dessert. S’more just screams summer so I made s’more ice cream two ways. One is a s’mores chocolate ice cream and the other is s’more vanilla ice cream. This recipe is adapted from several recipes found on Taste of Home.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 2-5 min for ganache
- Total Time: 2-4 hrs. chill time
- Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1-2 TBLS. milk
- 1 small pkg.Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 TBLS. vanilla
- 2 cans Coconut Milk, cold (I used 1 can full fat and 1 can low-fat)
- 4-6 Graham Crackers, crushed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
For Toppings (optional)
- chocolate chips
- graham crackers
- mini marshmallows
- In a small microwave/pyrex dish add the milk and heat for a few seconds in the microwave. Add in the chocolate chips and stir well until the chocolate has melted. If the chocolate does not melt, microwave for a few more seconds and continue to stir until all the chocolate is blended. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & chill until ready to use.
- Mix the package of pudding mix, coconut milk, and vanilla in a blender for approx. 30 seconds to a minute just until the pudding is well combined with the milk.
- Chill the mixture at least 2 hours. I put my mixture in the freezer to chill quicker. Just keep an eye on it, stir often so that it doesn’t freeze. This freezer method only requires about 45 minutes of chilling.
- When well chilled pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and churn according to directions.
- I stopped the ice cream machine at the soft serve phase and folded in the ganache, graham crackers and marshmallows.
- Place in a freezer container and freeze until ready to serve.
Keywords: S'mores Ice Cream, vanilla instant pudding, easy recipe