Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Puffs Recipe
Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Puffs recipe is an easy recipe you can make in less than 45 minutes. Make these vegetarian, replace the bacon and add 2 different cheeses. It yields about 18-22 small puff pastries. Recipe adapted from Family Circle Magazine.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 18-22 small puff pastries
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 TBLS. shortening (I’ve also used butter in this recipe, your choice)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 strips of cooked crispy bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can add any cheese you prefer)
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large saucepan add the water and shortening and bring to a boil.
- Add in the flour all at once and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball and comes clean from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring with a wooden spoon until the egg is well incorporated into the flour mixture. (This will take about 45 seconds to a minute – don’t give up, keep on stirring until the egg is well blended),
- Stir in the chopped bacon, shredded cheese, parsley and pepper into the mixture.
- Drop rounded teaspoon or a small cookie scoop, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Keywords: bacon, cheddar cheese, puff pastry, game day snack, party appetizer