Blueberry Muffins With Cinnamon Orange Sugar
is a simple muffin recipe bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with cinnamon orange sugar.
I like making muffins for a snack when life gets hectic and there’s no time to fuss with a recipe. Muffins can make your day a little sweeter from breakfast all the way to a late night snack.
We are a snack loving family and when I don’t have time to make something extra special muffins are my go-to.
I’ve been buying a lot of blueberries and with the last cup and a half of blueberries that were left over I added them to the muffins this week. The blueberries burst open while baking and made the muffins extra moist with lots of blueberry flavor.Print
Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Orange Sugar
Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Orange Sugar Topping is a very easy and basic muffin recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour. You can use fresh blueberries or in the midst of winter use frozen blueberries for a lively burst of flavor to brighten your day.
- Prep Time: 5-7 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min. + chill time
- Yield: 1 dz
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated Monk Fruit (use your preferred sugar alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (you can use frozen berries)
For Cinnamon Orange Sugar
- 2 TBLS. Coconut Palm Sugar (you can substitute your favorite sugar)
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl blend together the dry ingredients using a whisk until the both flours, sugar, salt and baking powder are well blended.
- In a small bowl mix the milk, oil and eggs until light and fluffly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula gently fold the ingredients until blended and then gently fold in the blueberries- try not to mix more than 15-20 seconds. The batter will be lumpy – do not continue to mix or the muffins become chewy.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin about 2/3 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes for full size muffins – OR bake 11 minutes for mini muffins.
Cinnamon Orange Sugar
- Mix together the sugar, orange zest and cinnamon in a small dish. Sprinkle the sugar on tops of the muffins while still warm.
Keywords: homemade blueberry muffins, cinnamon orange sugar, breakfast muffins, brunch
This is a simple muffin recipe. I dressed it up by adding a cinnamon orange sugar topping. Make this easy blueberry muffin recipe any time of year. Use either fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe.