I made Butter Pecan Cookies with Maple Glaze to Fill the Cookie Jar for Fall.
The cookies have a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg and I drizzled a maple glaze for another punch of fall flavors.
This recipe is a shortbread style cookie, it’s very easy to make and it’s a recipe that you can add your own spices or flavors.
Butter Pecan Cookies With Maple Glaze
- Category: Cookies
- 3/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp. of Maple flavoring or Pure Maple Syrup
- Add the pecans to a hot saute pan and toast for a few minutes. Set a side to cool and separate into 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy – approximately 1 minute
- Add in the vanilla, salt, flour and spices and mix until the dough comes together. At first the dough will be crumbly but continue to mix about 1 minute and it will come together. Stir in 1/4 cup of the chopped nuts.
- Using a large cookie scoop drop the dough into the 1/2 cup of chopped nuts and roll to cover.
- Place on parchment or silicone lined cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart. Flatten the dough with the back of a spoon.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl add the confectioners sugar and stir in the maple flavoring or the maple syrup.
- Stir well and slowly add additional maple flavoring/syrup in very small amounts (i.e. droplets) continuing to stir until the glaze can be drizzled over the cookies.
I’ve shared this recipe with #FillTheCookieJar group this month. If you would like to bake with the Fill The Cookie Jar group, please contact Cynthia at Feeding Big.