Apple French Toast Roll Ups
Apple French Toast Roll Ups is a delicious weekend breakfast treat, after school snack or add to the game day buffet. It’s an easy recipe to make in advance and can be made in the air fryer as well.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 4-6 min. air fryer time
- Total Time: 25 min.
- Yield: approx. 2-4 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 loaf of sliced bread (I used Oatmeal bread, you can use your favorite sliced bread)
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cup up in cubes
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
For cooking the roll ups
- 1-2 TBLS. butter
- TBLS. avocado oil (or use any oil you prefer)
Cinnamon Sugar enough to coat the rollups
- Granulated Sugar
Make the Apple Compote
- In a small saucepan add the cut up apples, the lemon juice and the cinnamon and cook on a low heat. Stir the apples to combine the juice and cinnamon. Cook for a few minutes until the juices from the apple releases and the apples start to soften – approximately 3-5 minutes. They should be firm, you don’t want the apples to melt away. Set the apples aside.
For the Roll Ups
- Slice the crust off the bread and save for bread crumbs to use at a later time.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread.
- Heat a 10 inch fry pan and add the butter and oil on medium heat. AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS: PREHEAT THE AIR FRYER
- Beat the eggs and mix in the milk.
- Dip the bread gently into the egg mixture.
- Add 1 tsp. of apples to the center of the slice of bread and roll it up.
- Place the roll ups in the hot fry pan. Brown on all sides.
- air fryer – place the roll ups into the air fryer basket. Be careful not to have too much egg dripping into the basket. Continue cooking.
- Remove from pan and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Dip, fill, roll and repeat until all the bread slices have been cooked.
- Top the roll ups with the apples and powdered sugar.
AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS:
Keywords: French Toast Roll Ups, air fryer recipe, afternoon snacks, game day recipe