This time of the year we all eat way too many sweets so I thought I would make a cookie that I could make a change in the sugar without sacrificing taste.
The cookie turned out delicious and I was pleased with the sugar change.
This is a quick and easy recipe you can make from start to clean up in less than 1 hour.
I found this recipe in All You Magazine and adapted it for my ‘healthier’ Halloween Oatmeal Cookie which I made to #fillthecookiejar this month. If you would like to bake with the Fill The Cookie Jar group, please contact Cynthia at Feeding Big.Print
Oatmeal Drop Cookies
Recipe adapted from All You Magazine
- Category: Cookies
- 3/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbls. stevia (OR use 1/4 cup of brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup halloween color chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl beat together the cooled melted butter and sugar on medium speed until blended then mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon stir in the flour mixture just until combined then fold in the oats and the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart and gently flatten the dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes just until edges are golden brown but still soft on top.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to continue to cool.