are delicious for breakfast or lunch when on the go.
I’ve been baking with so many apples and pumpkin puree and just figured why not add them to my smoothies.
I’ve made these two pumpkin smoothies with very different ingredients.
Neither of these smoothies has fall spices. I wanted to keep the pumpkin ‘puree’ pure, so to speak and keep it ‘clean’.
If you wish, feel free to spice up the smoothie with your favorite add-ins. It will be delicious, refreshing and a healthy drink.
To the ‘green’ spinach, pumpkin and apple smoothie I added honey for sweetness and a drop of vanilla.
For the ‘pure’ pumpkin smoothie I used only pumpkin puree and an apple with a bit of honey and topped the smoothie with a dollop of Greek yogurt. It was delicious but I thought about making it more of a dessert.
So I re-made it for grampy and I added a banana with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This was a winner for him and I even gave some to the boys. They had no idea there was pumpkin in it. I told them it was a ‘special Halloween’ drink – they rolled their eyes – but they were willing to try it. They too liked it and even asked me to make them another.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 TBLS. pumpkin puree
- ½ peeled and cubed apple
- 4-5 ice cubes
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1-2 drops of vanilla (optional)
- 1 TBLS. Greek yogurt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 small banana
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- ½ tsp. honey (optional, the banana & ice cream will add sweetness)
- ½-1 cup filtered (use as needed if too thick)
- Add the ingredients to blender and blend until well mixed - approximately 40 seconds.
- Pour into glass and top with a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
- Add the ingredients to blender and mix until well blended. If too thick add additional filtered water as needed for desired smoothie texture.
- For an added treat top with a tablespoon of whipped cream.