Apple Pumpkin Fritters
Fall is a great time to make this easy apple pumpkin fritter recipe. This recipe has a ‘pinch of healthy’ with the addition of the pumpkin. The kids will never know and they will enjoy this snack with a glass of homemade apple cider. Recipe adapted from Womensday.com
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 TBLS. packed coconut sugar (you can use brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (you can use low fat or dairy free milk)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut into cubes
- Avocado oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix together the first seven ingredients (the dry ingredients).
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup add the wet ingredients (the milk through the vanilla) and mix well.
- Peel, core and cut the apple into small cubes.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir gently just until well combined.
- Gently fold in the cubed apple.
- In a large saucepan add about 2 inches of oil to 375 degrees. Drop batter using a cookie scoop into oil and fry about 2 minutes turning until all sides are brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
Keywords: fall dessert, easy fall recipe, apple recipe, apple pumpkin fritters