Peppermint Popcorn with white chocolate drizzle is a quick snack to put together for family movie night or game day snacking.
I’m enjoying the peppermint flavors this year although I always seem to favor peppermint candy during the winter holiday season.
The weather outside is frightful so put your favorite movie on and enjoy a warm cozy evening together with popcorn – peppermint popcorn drizzled with white chocolate.
This is an easy process, you can make it after supper and by the time everyone gets to the couch for the start of the movie the popcorn is ready. I’ve made this several times already and it takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
All you need is 4 large candy canes, white chocolate, Andes peppermint baking chips, and/or peppermint chips. You can make your very own fresh popped popcorn OR you can make it ‘VERY’ easy by using a large bag of your favorite brand of popcorn.Print
Enjoy the winter holidays with this White Chocolate Drizzled Peppermint Popcorn. This is an easy snack to make for family movie night, or for an afternoon holiday party for the kids.
- Prep Time: 10-20 minutes
- Total Time: 10-20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Cuisine: Snack
- 4 med.-lg. candy canes, chopped
- 1 cup of white candy melts
- 1/3 cup of any type of peppermint chips or use M&Ms
- 1 large bag of popcorn- Or you can pop your own fresh popcorn
- Any other small peppermint flavor candy (I used some white chocolate peppermint M&Ms)
- Lay out the popcorn on a sheet pan and chop the candy canes.
- Melt the candy discs in a double boiler. as soon as you see the bottom chips soften remove the bowl from the pan and stir continuously until all the pieces are melted and the chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on the popcorn in ¼ sections so you can sprinkle the chopped candy canes and any other candy you use over the chocolate before it hardens. This takes only a few minutes and you are done.
- Add in other candy if you wish, I used a handful of white chocolate peppermint M&Ms candy.
- Place the tray of popcorn in the fridge to chill at least 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, break up and put into a bowl.
A flexible recipe you can make your own by simply adding in your favorite candy and flavors.
This is the season to spend time making memories and enjoying the season with your family and friends. Here are a few more easy recipes to make with the #kidsinthekitchen, and have some fun.
This is an easy No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies. Chopping peppermint is always lots of fun!
Make this festive Peppermint Breakfast Waffles Blender Recipe on Christmas morning for your family.
This delicious and fun Marshmallow Peppermint Dippers you can make in advance and again you can also make these with #kidsinthekitchen. These delicious hot chocolate stirrers will be ready on those cold snowy days when hot chocolate is calling!
Holiday Season is a fun time to spend with the family. It’s a time to make memories with the children and pass on traditions they will take with them to share with their family.