S’mores Pop Tarts
are easy to make at home anytime of the year and you can take them with you when you want a sweet treat.
S’mores are one of summer’s favorite treats. Now you can make a s’mores ‘pop’ tart for a sweet treat dessert anytime.
The chocolate and melting marshmallows bring back childhood memories and you don’t need a campfire to make these ‘pop’ tart style s’mores.
In less than 30 minutes you can have a special dessert for any buffet table, or party. These are also a great snack to send to school with the kids. Or just leave them on the counter for an anytime snack with a glass of milk or cup of tea. You will definitely win some points with these delicious s’mores ‘pop’ tarts.
This is such an easy dessert to make. Just crumble a couple of graham crackers, sprinkle a few chocolate chips and marshmallows on pastry dough or crescent rolls, bake and dessert is ready.
S'mores 'pop' Tarts
I've made these using a sheet of puff pastry or a crescent dough. Today I used crescent dough.
- 1 tube of crescent dough
- 4 graham crackers crushed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- small marshmallows (about 1 cup)
- 1 beaten egg
- powdered sugar for decorating and/or glaze
- Lay out the fillings in separate bowls.
- Sprinkle your surface with flour and roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough into 6" x 4" - this size works for me. You can make them any size you wish.
- Working with one tart at a time, brush edges of cut-out with egg wash.
- Sprinkle the graham crackers, chocolate chips and marshmallows on half of the dough.
- Fold over the dough to cover the fillings and tap gently to seal. Press the dough gently around the filling to release some of the air bubbles.
- Brush the top of the dough with egg wash and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with glaze.
You can make your own pastry dough for the pop tarts which I sometimes do but when I’m short on time using refrigerator crescent dough or puff pastry is quick and easy.
This post was been updated in 2016.