Spicy Cauliflower Bites is a side dish for any weeknight supper to go with chicken, burgers, meatloaf . . .
It’s also great as an appetizer, on a buffet for game day.
An easy recipe you can prepare in advance, these spicy cauliflower bites – dare I say this – is a healthy dish to serve.
Actually they’ll never know they are eating cauliflower. The flavors from the sweet and spicy sauce is what they will enjoy.
I made my own sweet and spicy sauce, but you can make it even easier and use your favorite brand wing sauce.
Early in the day you can Wash and cut up the cauliflower early and set it aside until you are ready to start preparing your dinner or setting up your buffet.
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (you can use as little or as much hot sauce as you like)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼-1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Cut up the cauliflower into florets, removing the thick middle stem.
- Wash and set aside to dry.
- In a small bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the about ¼ to ½ of the sauce slowly over the cauliflower florets stirring well to be sure all the cauliflower is coated. Add more sauce if needed. Save the remainder of the sauce for dipping.Place the cauliflower on a parchment lined pan and bake/roast at 425 degrees - stirring the florets halfway through for even cooking - bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the florets are tender.
- Place on serving dish and add the spicy sauce and the blue cheese sauce in small dishes for dipping.
- Add the ingredients to a blender or mini processor for a few seconds just to get the cheese blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I like to add fresh carrot and celery sticks for variety. You can never have too many snacks for dipping when watching the game.
You might also enjoy these low-carb alternative recipes: