This is such an easy brownie recipe, one you can make any day of the year or for a special occasion.
I wouldn’t hesitate to make this easy dessert for a family brunch; maybe the day you are snowed in and having a family movie day; or while cheering on your favorite team.
While I’m offering suggestions, don’t hesitate to add this to any dessert buffet for every occasion — it’s that easy and makes a lovely presentation.
This easy brownie recipe is from hersheys.com. I made a change in the sugar and flour to fit our dietary requirements and it turned out just right.
You don’t even need to use a mixer for this recipe. The recipe calls for mixing with a spoon, but I used a small whisk and a wooden spoon to blend the wet and dry ingredients. The prep takes all of 5 minutes.
The one itty bitty issue with this recipe is that you need an 8 x 8 baking dish which is relatively small. If you are serving a crowd you will need to make several batches, but since it is so easy to make that shouldn’t deter you.
Strawberry Topped Brownies
Strawberry Topped Brownies is a very easy recipe to make any day, special occasions, and of course Valentine’s Day. I would make this easy dessert for a family brunch; maybe the day you are snowed in and having a family movie day; or while cheering on your favorite team.
- Prep Time: 5-8 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-23 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/3 cup Hersheys Dark Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray & set aside.
- Stir together the sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add in the eggs and mix well.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add this into the egg mixture stirring to blend. I used a wooden spoon which made it very easy to blend quickly
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake 18-22 minutes.
- Remove and cool in the baking dish. .
This recipe is adapted from hersheys.com
Keywords: Valentine's Day, easy brownie recipe, strawberries and chocolate, party dessert
- While the brownies are baking cut up 2 medium or 3 small strawberries for each brownie cut out. I didn’t take a photo of the strawberry prep, but it’s very easy:
1. Add the cut strawberries to a microwave dish with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon or two of juice from a fresh orange. If you want to make it ‘for adult’s only’ add a teaspoon or two of any liqueur you have, i.e., Brandy, Kirsch, or Grand Marnier or a splash of Vodka or Rum if that’s all you have. It’s just to add a little zip to the berries. Microwave for about 30-45 seconds.
2. Spoon the berries into the cut out of the brownie, top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with powdered sugar.