Warm Up on chilly days with a delicious White Hot Chocolate and brighten your day. This is also a delicious treat on movie nights with the family.
Take the chill out of the cool mornings with this white hot chocolate any day or make it on the weekend for a special breakfast treat. We enjoy making these to enjoy while watching our favorite movies. It’s so easy to make these hot chocolate drinks and you can add a scoop of ice cream to make it really special — yep, that’s what I did!
All you need is milk and white chocolate. I was able to find a Ghirardelli white chocolate bar in my supermarket, but you can also use a Lindt white chocolate bar.
To get started we need to heat up the milk. The key is to not make the milk boil, just heat it on a low-to-medium heat and keep an eye on it while you chop up 2-4 squares of the white chocolate.
Use a blender to blend the hot milk and chopped chocolate for a frothy drink. You don’t have to use a blender. You can add the white chocolate to the warm milk in the saucepan and stir until the chocolate melts. Pour into glasses and serve.
I wanted to add the froth so I used the blender.
White Hot Chocolate
Easy To Make White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups of milk (use any milk you prefer - I used 2% milk, it makes a nice little froth. Skim milk makes even more froth if you want to use it)
- 4 squares of white chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate, Caramel, or Butterscotch Syrup for garnish (optional)
- scoop of vanilla ice cream for each drink (optional)
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Chop up the chocolate and set aside.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan on low-medium heat. It takes only about a minute or two.
- Pour the milk into a blender. Leave a portion of the top open and lay a towel over the top to prevent the milk from splashing out. Blend for 10 seconds or so. Add in about ¾'s of the chopped chocolate and blend for another 10-20 seconds. The chocolate will melt.
- Pour into glass filling only half way if you are going to add a scoop of ice cream.
- Add whipped cream.
- Drizzle with syrup and white chocolate shavings.
If you’re seeing this outside your window, “it’s time to make the white hot chocolate”.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE WARM DRINKS:
PLEASE SHARE &