Broccoli Rabe Salami Stromboli
Broccoli Rabe Salami Stromboli was made using a few leftovers I had in the fridge. If you are buying ingredients to make this stromboli you can purchase your favorite ingredients, and still use the same measurements. You can always use more or less of each Item depending on your preferences.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 20-30 min.
- Total Time: 1-2 hr. rise time if making homemade
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- Pizza Dough
- 2 cups of broccoli rabe
- 12 slices of salami
- 1 cup of black olives, halved
- 2/3 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 12 slices of provolone
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted peppers (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano and/or basil
- 1 beaten egg
If you use store bought pizza dough use the entire dough.
- If you make the pizza dough, cut it in half and you can make two stromboli. (If you do not use the second half you can freeze it)
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle. It should be fairly thin, approximately just under 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay out the sliced provolone leaving 1 inch edge.
- Spread the broccoli rabe over the entire dough, leaving 1 inch edge.
- Add the salami, and layer any other items you wish to add.
- Spread the shredded mozzarella over the entire layer.
- Roll up as tight as possible, and tuck in the ends.
- Carefully pick up the roll and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the dough with egg wash. Cut slits in the top of the roll to allow steam to escape or the roll will burst in a few areas.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until the dough is cooked on the bottom.
Keywords: stromboli, stuffed bread, pizza dough rolled and stuffed, game day snack, party food