Cauliflower Mash With Cheddar Cheese
Cauliflower Mash with Cheddar Cheese is an Easy Low Carb Alternative to Mashed Potatoes. It’s an easy to make recipe for everyone who needs to keep a low carb diet.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 20-25 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large fresh cauliflower
- 1-2 cups of grated cheddar cheese (or your preferred cheese)
- 2 tbls. cream cheese or plain Greek yogurt (your preference)
- 2 tbls. butter
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbls. scallions or chives (optional)
- 1 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
- Add about 2 inches of water into a medium size stock pot and place on medium heat. Add salt to the water and you can also add the garlic for flavor (this is optional if you do not like garlic).
- Cut the off the florets from the stems.
- Add the florets to the simmering water and cover. Steam for about 6 minutes and immediately drain and pat dry.
- Add the cauliflower, 1 cup of cheese and the dairy ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, it only takes a few seconds.
- Taste for seasoning, salt & pepper and add in scallions/chives and parsley if using.
- Add to a heatproof casserole, top with additional shredded cheese and just before serving heat in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until hot and cheese has melted.
Keywords: Cauliflower Mash, low carb cauli mash, replace mashed potatoes