Mediterranean Chicken is an easy to make sauted chicken recipe that is topped with Olives, Peppers, Onions and Tomatoes which gives this recipe the Mediterranean style flavors.
1. Slice the skinless chicken breasts in half so that you will have 8 pieces of chicken.
2. In a large frying pan or saute pan heat the oil and butter on medium heat.
3. In a large plastic storage bag add in the flour and season with salt and pepper. Add in the chicken breasts and shake to coat the chicken with the flour.
4. Add the floured chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook about 5 minutes on each side. They do not have to brown but they should be cooked only half way through.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and add to a dish.
6. Add In to the saute pan the sliced onions and cook until translucent – approx. 3-4 minutes. Add in the olives, peppers and tomato sauce and the remaining ingredients and cook for 5-10 minutes. If using, you can now stir in the red wine.
7. Add the chicken to the pan and stir well to coat the chicken with the sauce. Cover the pan and cook another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Keywords: chicken recipe, easy recipe, weeknight dinner, one pan recipe