Baked Egg Rolls
Easy Baked Egg Rolls recipe was adapted from Not My Mama’s Meals on the Cooking Channel. Feel free to add your favorite Asian flavors and more or less spiciness. These can also be baked in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 min.
- Yield: 1 dz. (yield depends on the number of wrappers you fill and make).
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Asian/American
- 2-3 cups of Asian Cole Slaw (approx. 8 oz. pkg.)
- 2 TBLS. sesame oil
- 2 TBLS. soy sauce (low sodium is o.k.)
- 1 TBLS. minced fresh ginger
- 1 TBLS. hoisin sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 TBLS. canola oil (you’ll need a little more to brush on the egg rolls before baking) (or use any flavorless light oil, I used avocado oil)
- 1 Pkg. of wonton wrappers
- DIPPING SAUCE::
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium is O.K.)
- 1 TBLS. hoisin Sauce
- 1/8 tsp. sriracha
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Add water to a small bowl & open pkg. of wonton wrappers
- Mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, hoisin and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the slaw and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and green onions and continue to cook, tossing frequently, until the vegetables are wilted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Place 1 wrapper on a clean surface with one corner pointing towards you. Brush edges with water & place ⅓ cup of the filling into the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling – fold in the 2 side corners over filling and tightly roll the filled end toward the remaining corner. Press gently to seal. Add more water to the edges if they dried up.
- Place the egg rolls on the prepared baking sheet and brush them with canola oil.
- Bake, turning once halfway through, until golden brown, 12 minutes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sriracha in a small bowl for dipping.
Keywords: baked egg rolls, easy recipe, air fryer recipe, oven baked