Strawberry Cream Roll Cake
is easy to make for any spring celebration or for any occasion any time of year.
Any Time is actually the right time to make this delicious and easy strawberry cream roll cake. The best part is that you can find fresh strawberries all year, you don’t have to wait for spring.
Strawberries are a favorite in our family so I added them to this easy Strawberry Cream Roll cake for our Mother’s Day dessert. I do have to say that I’ve made this in the middle of winter and everyone enjoyed every crumb and strawberry.
This is a very easy recipe to make and it looks like you spent days in the kitchen. No worries though, this is simple and you can be done in 1 hour from prep to clean up. Now that’s a perfect Mother’s Day treat.
I added the strawberries to the filling only and covered the cake in plain whipped cream. We ate most of the strawberries before I decided to make this dessert so the topping was plain and I garnished with the strawberries. Helpful TIP, be sure you buy extra strawberries, they are hard to resist!
I added orange zest to the chopped strawberries and garnished the cake with the zest.Print
Strawberry Cream Roll Cake Recipe
Strawberry Cream Roll cake is a dessert for any occasion, great on a buffet, or a Spring dessert for Mother’s Day. No refined sugar added.
- Prep Time: 15 prep & 15 decorating
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 50-60 min.
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used Monkfruit)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For Cream Filling:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 TBLS. granulated Monk Fruit
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2-3 Strawberries for garnish
- Orange zest for garnish (optional)
Preheat Oven to 375. Spray a jelly roll pan with non-stick spray, line with parchment paper and spray the parchment with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl add 1 cup of sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the sugar and eggs to large bowl and beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer on high until the eggs are thickened and lemon color and form ribbons when beaters are lifted – takes a few minutes.
- On low speed add the vanilla and hot water to the egg mixtures. Then slowly add in the flour mixture scraping down the sides of the bowl. Mix just until the flour is blended – do NOT overmix,
- Pour batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cake springs back and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Do not let the cake overcook, it will become dry since it is a very thin cake.
- Add powdered sugar to a linen kitchen towel or parchment paper. Place the hot cake on the towel and roll up. Set aside.
- Add 1¼ cup heavy whipping cream to a cold bowl. Mix for a minute or two and then sprinkle in the unflavored gelatin and sugar and continue to mix until whipped, another minute or two.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to fill the cake.
- When ready to fill the cake spread a little cream on the cake and add the chopped strawberries. Spread evenly an then roll up the cake and place on a plate.
- Use the remaining whipped cream to cover the rolled cake.
- Garnish with strawberries.
I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com
Keywords: strawberry dessert, cream roll cake, strawberry cream roll cake, valentine's day dessert, mother's day dessert
This is a very easy dessert to make. Serve it for any occasion, baby and bridal showers, make any day special with this strawberry cream roll.
In spring there is an abundance of fresh berries in all markets. You can use any fresh berries you prefer and make this a very special dessert.