Banana Pecan Waffles was our breakfast for dinner recently, although it’s also one of our favorite weekend breakfasts when we have a family brunch.
I’ve been making breakfast for dinner a lot this past month. It’s a great way to fill in a meal when I can’t get anyone to agree on what they want to eat.
Since everyone seems to be too busy to speak up on what they would like for dinner I’ve been making the decisions. Good for me since I enjoy waffles, not so much for everyone else. I know they would prefer burgers, but hey, speak up or . . .! you know what I mean?
Hopefully they will get the message and come up with some new ideas.
In the meantime we enjoyed the the banana pecan waffles for dinner. The sweet bananas and pecans are a delicious combination for a comforting meal.Print
Banana Pecan Waffles
Banana Pecan Waffles is an easy recipe to make for family breakfasts or brunch. Or make this breakfast for dinner. It’s always fun to change up the dinner menu and make banana pecan waffles.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 13-15 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup avocado oil (or any flavorless light oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Fresh bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter & 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans (or your preferred nut)
- Warm Maple Syrup
Preheat your waffle iron. Also preheat the oven to 200 degrees (to keep cooked waffles warm)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. until well blended. Add in the flour mixture and mix well with a whisk until smooth. Stir in the club soda and mix until well combined, just until the large lumps disappear.
- When the waffle iron is hot, dab it with a little butter and add 1/4 cup batter and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keep waffles warm in the preheated oven until you finish cooking all of them.
- Top with bananas, nuts and pure maple syrup.
- Slice 1-3 banana(s) and add to a heated saute pan with melted butter and a teaspoon of brown sugar. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Spoon on top of warm waffles with nuts and maple syrup.
Keywords: waffles, breakfast, banana pecan waffles, breakfast for dinner
You can change up toppings using any fruits and/or nuts your family enjoys. Here is a fresh berry compote recipe that is easy to make using fresh berries and no added sugar.
When using fresh fruits and berries most often they are sweet enough as is so you don’t have to add in any sugar — that’s a plus.
Here’s another breakfast idea you might enjoy Apple French Toast Roll-Ups