Basic Coffee Cake Cooking With Kids Recipe
Easy Basic Coffee Cake #cookingwithkids recipe takes a total of 25 minutes. The recipe I used is the the Home Ec version that my grandson used in his life skills class. This recipe uses Bisquick, there is a link to make DIY homemade bisquick.
- Prep Time: 10-12 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-22 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 9 slices
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Cups Bisquick (or make your own)
- 2/3 cup milk (low fat is o.k.)
- 2 tbls sugar (I use granulated monk fruit)
- 1 egg
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (you can use coconut sugar)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbls. chilled butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the bisquick to a medium size bowl and stir in the sugar.
- In a glass measuring cup mix together the milk and egg and pour into the flour.
- Using a whisk stir well until blended.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch round or 8 x 8 inch square baking pan/dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add in the brown sugar, bisquick and cinnamon.
- Cut up the chilled butter and using a fork blend together with the bisquick mixture.
- Sprinkle on top of the cake batter and bake 16 to 22 minutes. The baking time will depend on your oven.
Keywords: breakfast, homemade basic coffee cake, bisquick coffee cake recipe, cooking with kids recipe