Granted you have to freeze it for a few hours before serving but the quick and easy prep makes this a winner.
I’ve been testing a lot of ice cream recipes and found this easy recipe to be well worth the 5 minutes of prep to make it a favorite summer treat.
There are so many ice cream recipes around but when I saw this “2 ingredient, no churn, 5 minute prep” recipe from the onepotchefblog.com how could I resist. Yes, it works, it’s creamy and delicious, though it’s not dairy free.
The 2 main ingredients are Sweetened Condensed Milk and cream. Basic ice cream ingredients for sure. Now just add to a blender and mix until blended as in the photo below. It actually took less than 5 minutes but who’s counting.
To the coffee I added a handful of chopped chocolate covered coffee beans and chocolate chips. I always enjoyed coffee ice cream, but you can leave out the coffee if you wish. It is so worth the few minutes of time to give this recipe a try. You can replace the coffee with 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen fruit if you wish.
Add the mixture to a freezer container, freeze for at least 4-6 hours. Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before serving.Print
Coffee Bean Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This recipe is adapted from the onepotchefblog.com.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Total Time: 4-6 hrs chill time
- Yield: 1 quart
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 2-3 tablespoons of warm water
- 1 can or 14 oz, Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- chocolate covered coffee beans, chopped (optional)
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the warm water. Stir well and add it to the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add all the ingredients – sweetened condensed milk & cream – to a blender and mix until the cream is whipped.
- Gently add half the mixture to a freezer container, sprinkle in some of the chocolate chips and chopped coffee beans if using, add the remainder of the mixture. Spread the mixture evenly over the top and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cover the container if it has one and freeze for 4-6 hours.
This was the very first ice cream recipe I made using this dairy free homemade sweetened condensed milk. Of course I would have liked my ice cream to be totally dairy free, but I really wanted to give this recipe a try first and I’m glad I did. This recipe had very little ice crystals and it was creamy.
I couldn’t just leave well enough alone without trying to make this a dairy free ice cream. It was simple enough, although I cheated by using sugar free cool whip. It was light, a little less creamy but a very good alternative to a high caloric dessert.
This is definitely worth the 5 minutes of prep time for a delicious summer treat or midnight snack. If you do want to make the dairy free recipe using the cool whip, then just blend the sweetened condensed milk for 30-45 seconds to ‘whip’ it a little, pour into a freezer container and gently fold in the cool whip. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.