so very easy to make with frozen mango and pineapple chunks along with ice cubes to chill this refreshing tropical flavored lemonade.
I always have leftover pineapple and a fresh mango – a couple of my summer fruit favorites – and they were are a great addition to this summer tropical lemonade.
When the temps are high the cold drinks seem to warm up quickly. Adding frozen fresh fruit chunks along with the ice cubes helps to keep the tropical lemonade cold longer.
The frozen fruit chunks are a little treat in the glass. Instead of chewing on ice, which is definitely not ‘a good thing’, the frozen fruit is delicious and a little bit of healthy as well.
- 1 Mango, cut in chunks and freeze
- 1-2 cups fresh pineapple cut up and freeze
- 8-10 fresh lemons, squeezed
- 1½ quarts filtered water
- 1-3 tablespoons honey (or use your favorite sugar substitute) Taste for level of sweetness desired.
- Cut up the fruit and lay flat on a try and freeze. (Keep them frozen and add to the drink when ready to serve.)
- Squeeze the lemons and strain to remove the pits and pulp.
- Add the juice to a large pitcher and add 1 quart of water and taste. Add more water as desired.
- Stir well and add the sweetener one tablespoon at a time and taste for desired sweetness. Add more as needed.
- When ready to serve add in the frozen fruit chunks and sliced lemons for garnish.
If you are short on time you can use your favorite lemonade and add the frozen fruit just before serving. This drink is great for special occasions as well any time of the year.
PLEASE SHARE &