A very easy vegetable omelet recipe you can easily make in the air fryer. You can make an easy omelet in the air fryer for Family brunches or light supper with a side salad.
Vegetable Omelet Air Fryer Recipe
This flavorful vegetable omelet air fryer recipe is so easy to make. It’s chock full of vegetables and is an easy and healthy breakfast, lunch or light supper.
While visiting with my daughter recently we made a delicious Mediterranean style artichoke quiche one afternoon.
I wanted to re-make the quiche in the air fryer. Since life has a way of taking over I haven’t been to the supermarket in a few days. As a result I had to use whatever veggies I had in the fridge.
Flexible recipes are my favorite. I changed up this recipe to be an omelet rather than a quiche. When making an omelet you can add whatever your preferred ingredients might be. The recipe we originally made included zucchini, mushrooms, artichokes, olives, and sliced red peppers and tomatoes.
The prep is easy, chop the veggies into large chunks, sauté with a small onion or shallot, add to partially baked pie crust, pour in the egg/cream mixture and bake. The entire preparation for this takes 20 minutes or less. Then bake in the air fryer. I used individual ramekins so they would fit into the air fryer. You can also use a 6″ pan or ceramic plate if that fits in your air fryer.
I did not have a stocked fridge today so I used whatever I had in my pantry and fridge. Luckily I had one last can of artichoke hearts. I always have olives and fresh veggies. No worries if you do not like artichoke hearts. Be creative and use whatever your preferred veggies might be.
A basic recipe using eggs and milk, or cream, will hold together the vegetables. You can make a different omelete each time just by using different vegetables. It also makes great leftovers for lunch with a side salad.
The recipe below is for a Vegetable Air Fryer Omelet with tomatoes, broccoli, cheese and herbs. With a flexible omelete recipe you can add in your favorite ingredients.Print
Vegetable Air Fryer Omelet Recipe
Easy to make Vegetable Air Fryer Omelet recipe you can make anytime and use your favorite veggies. A flexible recipe you can make at any time, for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or a light supper.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 25-35 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tbls. avocado oil (or use your preferred light oil)
- 1 small yellow onion chopped (Or 1 chopped shallot)
- 1/2 cup red pepper chunks (fresh or you can use jarred roasted red peppers)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini (approx. 1 inch chunks)
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, rinsed & drained & roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (use the amount necessary to fit the pan you will use)
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, rough chopped (use your preferred olives)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh dill
- 1 TBLS. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Pie Crust (USE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A QUICHE)
- 1 pie crust – You can use a pre-made crust or make your favorite pie crust (OPTIONAL)
Preheat Air Fryer to 350 degrees
- Use a 6 inch pie dish, spray lightly with cooking spray. [If using, lay out the crust in the pan and crimp edges, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom. Bake for 6-8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from and set aside.]
Now Preheat Air Fryer to 340 degrees
- In a small bowl mix the eggs and milk and season with a little salt and pepper.
- In a saute pan heat the 1 TBLS. oil and add in the onion or shallot. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add in the red pepper and cook about 3 minutes. Add in the remainder of the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and 1/2 the cheese. [If using – Add the vegetables into the pre-baked pie crust and spread out evenly.]
- Pour the egg/milk mixture evenly over the vegetables. (TIP: If you have a very full plate of vegetables you may not be able to add all the egg mixture – that’s o.k.) Add a few sliced tomatoes over the top and bake for 25-35 minutes until the center has cooked – when a knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean. Cooking Time will depend on your air fryer. Check your manufacturer’s directions.
- [If Using – Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the top before serving.]
I used individual ramekins to make the omelet. These smaller ceramic ramekins fit well in my air fryer. Use the size that will fit in your air fryer.
Keywords: air fryer omelete, vegetarian egg omelete, breakfast omelete, lunch or brunch recipe
Making an omelet in the air fryer saves time and energy. You can make an omelet when the kids get home from school and they are ‘starving‘. Or make a delicious quick and easy supper and serve the omelet with a side salad. Omelets are also delicious added to a sandwich.
PLEASE SHARE &
*Post and Photos updated 2018