Very Berry Sorbet
Very Berry Sorbet is a delicious fresh berry frozen dessert you can make anytime. Prep takes only 10 minutes. Just allow 3 to 5 hours to freeze. It’s best to make this early in the day for an afternoon frozen treat to chill with on a hot summer day.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Total Time: 3-5 hrs. chill time
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries and blueberries, rinsed and dried, hulls removed (the total amount of fruit is 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup of strawberry preserves (or use your favorite)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (I splurged and used Limoncello liquer)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Add the berries to the processor or blender with ½ cup of the preserves. Puree until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, water and salt and pulse until well mixed. If you have a lot of skins or seeds you can strain the puree through cheesecloth.
- Taste for sweetness – add 1 tablespoon of preserves as needed. The mixture should taste sweeter than you would like. When the fruit freezes it looses some of the sweetness.
- Place in a freezer container, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for approx. 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and with a fork scrape through the mixture. Smooth the mixture over with the back of a spoon and re-wrap. Freeze for a least 3-5 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving.
Keywords: fresh berry sorbet, frozen dessert, easy summer recipe, #dessert