Penne Pasta With Farm Fresh Vegetables
Penne Pasta with farm fresh vegetables is a quick and easy meal cooked in one pan and it takes less than 30 minutes. When using farm fresh ingredients you don’t need much to make a delicious meal.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box of Penne Pasta (or your favorite pasta shape)
- 2 tbls. avocado oil (or any light oil)
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 shallot or small onion diced
- 1 small garlic chopped
- 2-3 fresh garden tomatoes diced
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Slice and chop all the vegetables and set aside.
- Heat large saute pan and add the oil. When the oil is hot add in the zucchini and shallots, onions, garlic and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes – just until tender but not browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the heated pan add in the pasta and the broth. Season with salt, cover and cook until pasta it is al dente, or according to package directions. You may need to add more liquid, depending on the type of pasta you use. Taste the pasta occasionally to be sure it is not overcooked as it will continue to cook for 2 more minutes with the veggies.
- Stir in all the vegetables with the pasta and continue to cook until the vegetables are heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste and add in chopped fresh basil, parsley or other herbs you might prefer.
Keywords: pasta with fresh vegetables, easy weeknight meal, dinner in 30 minutes or less