Easy to make Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry for dinner on any busy weeknight.
Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
Weeknights can be hectic especially on those days when everyone is scheduled for an after-school activity. Or you just may be running late from an appointment and you can hear in the background ‘but mom I’m hungry’!
I’m always looking for ways to make cooking a meal quick and easy. Chicken can often be cooked ahead which is a time saver. I’ve been doing this for quite a while and it’s helped me get dinner on the table in less than half the time. Planning ahead is the key.
Every couple of weeks I buy extra chicken breasts and I roast them on a day when I have the extra time to spend in the kitchen. By roasting the chicken in advance it gives me several options for one or two extra meals during the week.
To make this chicken vegetable stir fry dinner in 15 minutes or less, have your chicken breasts already cooked. Frozen stir fry vegetables are the next time saving ingredient for this quick and easy stir fry. I always use the ‘unseasoned’ frozen veggies to control the sodium level.
Then just add chicken broth, low sodium soy sauce for flavor, make a side of rice and dinner is served.
Feel free to use whatever seasonings you choose, my family likes basic and simple which makes it easy so all I needed to add is soy sauce. Feel free to add your favorite Asian flavors for a meal your family will enjoy.
Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
This very easy Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry can be made in less than 15 minutes if you use frozen veggies and leftover chicken. If using fresh chicken cook time is approximately 20-25 minutes (time depends on how much chicken you will be cooking).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Asian
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts (roasted in advance)
- 2 14 oz. bags of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 tbls. avocado oil (or any light cooking oil)
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbls. low sodium soy sauce (add more or less according to taste)
- 1 tbls. cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
In order for this to be made in less than 15 minutes the chicken must have been cooked in advance or you can use leftover chicken you might have.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add the oil. When the oil is hot add in the frozen vegetables. Give a quick stir and cover to cook for 3 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into chunks and set aside.
- Now add the chicken broth in the pan with the vegetables, give a quick stir & then stir in the cut up chicken. Cover and let cook for a minute or two.
- In a small bowl mix the soy sauce with a little cornstarch to make a slurry and add it into the skillet stirring the mixture to combine the flavors – cooking just another minute or two until the sauce thickens.
- Taste to see if you need to add a little more soy sauce and add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
Keywords: leftovers, chicken veggie stir fry, easy weeknight recipe
An easy quick tip to help us get through a busy week – cook chicken breasts in advance when you have time. You then can make 20 minute meals without stress.