Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
This very easy Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry can be made in less than 15 minutes if you use frozen veggies and leftover chicken. If using fresh chicken cook time is approximately 20-25 minutes (time depends on how much chicken you will be cooking).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Asian
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts (roasted in advance)
- 2 14 oz. bags of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 tbls. avocado oil (or any light cooking oil)
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbls. low sodium soy sauce (add more or less according to taste)
- 1 tbls. cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
In order for this to be made in less than 15 minutes the chicken must have been cooked in advance or you can use leftover chicken you might have.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add the oil. When the oil is hot add in the frozen vegetables. Give a quick stir and cover to cook for 3 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into chunks and set aside.
- Now add the chicken broth in the pan with the vegetables, give a quick stir & then stir in the cut up chicken. Cover and let cook for a minute or two.
- In a small bowl mix the soy sauce with a little cornstarch to make a slurry and add it into the skillet stirring the mixture to combine the flavors – cooking just another minute or two until the sauce thickens.
- Taste to see if you need to add a little more soy sauce and add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
Keywords: leftovers, chicken veggie stir fry, easy weeknight recipe