Halloween Candy Bark
can be prepared in advance and then put them in cellophane bags for your Halloween Party Favors.
Halloween Candy Bark is just one more Sweet Treat for the kiddies – and adults – to enjoy.
If you are having a party this Halloween Candy Bark can be prepared in advance and then put them in cellophane bags for favors.
There is no magic recipe for making chocolate candy bark. Just melt the chocolate of your choice and then use your favorite add-ins to fit the holiday, special occasion, or your mood.
I’ve melted a lot of melted chocolate over the years. I often use the microwave because it’s fast and I’m always in a hurry. But I’ve learned there is no need to rush the process, it’s easy and just takes patience.
Using the double boiler method is the best way to melt the chocolate. To make this process quick and easy, first prepare the double boiler and then gather together all your ingredients. Now you are ready to begin the chocolate melting and you can be done in 20 minutes.
I melted both white and dark chocolate. I wanted to have a marbelized effect but I swirled the chocolate too much and I ended up with a very light chocolate. The end result was fine once I added the candy corn and sprinkles. I then drizzled more dark chocolate over the top before chilling.
Halloween Candy Bark
- 1 pkg. of candy melts (or 1 bag of chocolate chips)
- 1 jar of holiday sprinkles
- 1 -2 cups candy corn
Optional Add Ins
- chopped pretzels
- gummy worms
- Using a double boiler - or a small/med. pot - boil the water first then place the bowl in the pan but be sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and the water should now be simmering so the water does not splash into the bowl. Allow the chocolate to warm and when you see some of the chocolate starting to melt stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula to distribute the heat through the chocolate & remove the bowl from the pan. Keep stirring until all the chocolate is melted.
- Spread the chocolate on to a parchment lined pan and then add your sprinkles and other candies or add ins.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove from pan and break apart.
You can have little helpers ready to assist with topping the melted chocolate. They will have lots of fun adding the sprinkles and other candies to the top.
Chilling the candy can take anywhere from 2 or more hours to chill depending on the thickness of your chocolate layer. My layer was fairly thin so the chilling time was only about 1 1/2 hours.
You might also enjoy these Halloween Recipes:
PLEASE SHARE &