Baked Risotto With Bacon And Butternut Squash
Baked Risotto With Bacon and Butternut Squash is a delicious side dish to make for the Fall Season holidays. It’s easy to make and you can even serve this for a light supper with a side salad. This recipe is adapted from Giada’s Baked Risotto recipe on www.foodnetwork.com
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 20-25 min.
- Total Time: 40-50 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 4 slices bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth – Plus 1/4-1/2 cup set aside
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a 4 1/2 quart cast iron saucepan cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, drain on paper towel and then add in the butternut squash. Cook for 4-6 minutes just until tender. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Add in the chopped onions into the bacon fat and saute until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the arborio rice and cook just a minute or two and then add in the 3 cups of broth and lemon juice. Increase the heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan and place in a preheated 425 degree and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and place on the stove, add in the bacon and butternut squash and stir until blended.
- Taste for seasoning and if necessary you can add in the additional 1/4 cup broth.
- Place in large bowl and serve. Add cheese ad desired.
Keywords: easy risotto recipe, bacon and butternut squash risotto, fall side dish, Thanksgiving