The flavors of fall are in this easy to make recipe for pecan pumpkin spice cookies.
With lots of hectic schedules easy recipes are what we need and this basic cookie dough is very easy to make. One of my very favorite things about this recipe is that you can add any flavors you wish to this cookie recipe, or just leave it plain.
Since this cookie recipe is so very easy to make it’s a keeper in my recipe box. It also reminds me of a snickerdoodle type cookie that is a bit crispy on the edges but the middle is soft and tender.
Make it when you need a sweet treat for a special occasion and make it your own. I actually made half of this recipe with pumpkin spice only, and then I decided to add in the pecans. I do like the crunch of the nuts with the pumpkin spice flavors. You can do the same, make some with your favorite add-ins and some without.
These cookies do not spread so be sure to flatten them using the bottom of a glass. I kept dipping the bottom of the glass in the sugar and it kept the glass from sticking to the cookies.
Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Author: Wine Lady
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Monk fruit (you can use your preferred sugar equivalent
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/8 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans + pecan halves for decorating
Pumpkin Spice Coating (optional)
- 1/4 cup Monk fruit (or your preferred sugar)
- 1-2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1. In a medium bowl add the flour salt and baking powder, whisk gently and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, or electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until smooth approx. 2-3 minutes. Add the room temperature egg and mix well with the butter then add in the vanilla and scrape down the side of the bowl.
3. Add in the flour mixture and mix until well blended - approx. 20-30 seconds until the dough is smooth. Stir in half of the chopped pecans if using. If the dough is soft place the bowl in fridge for about 30-45 minutes.
4. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop drop the dough into the coating mixture and the remaining chopped pecans.
5. Place the dough balls on the prepared cookie sheets - Flatten the dough using the bottom of a glass.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 8-11 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned along the edges. The center of the cookies should be a little soft.
7. Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks. Sprinkle the Pumpkin Spice Coating over the hot cookies.
PUMPKIN SPICE COATING:
1. While the cookies are baking mix the sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a shallow dish.
2. If using nuts, chop them and add to the sugar mixture. Set aside.
I shared these cookies with the #FillTheCookieJar group. If you enjoy baking and would like to bake with the group each month contact Cynthia at Feeding Big.
You might also enjoy these easy to make Fall Cookies:
Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cookies will be a great addition to your Fall Holiday desserts. You can make these a day or two in advance when planning your holiday entertaining menus. Great for Halloween parties or Thanksgiving dessert table.