Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe with mint chips added. This is a recipe that is great for St. Patrick’s Day and at Christmas time. Make it anytime of the year using any chip flavor you choose, chocolate is always a fan favorite.
- Prep Time: 10-12 in.
- Cook Time: 12-14 min.
- Total Time: 40 min.
- Yield: 1 doz.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown sugar but you can use dark brown)
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used Stevia equivalent)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- With an electric mixer beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy – approx. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition and then add in the vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix).
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden around the edges but soft in center.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheets for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Chocolate mint chip cookies, easy recipe, add in your favorite chip flavor for a special recipe your family will enjoy.