Roasted Olive Appetizer
Roasted Olive Appetizer is an easy party appetizer and also makes a great holiday hostess gift. This recipe was adapted from a recipe in Good Housekeeping magazine.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups of assorted cured olives
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3-5 strips of lemon peel
- 3-5 strips of orange peel
- 2/3 cup finely sliced fennel
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- black pepper
- For Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the olives, peeled garlic, lemon and and orange peel, and the sliced fennel on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Place the olives in serving bowl and add the vinegar and oil and stir well.
- Garnish with chopped fennel greens/fronds and fresh lemon and orange zest when ready to serve.
This is so easy, you can purchase loose olives in most markets. I sometimes rinse the olives in cold water just to take out some of the salt. It’s not necessary, just my preference.
Keywords: roasted olives, appetizer, easy recipe, party food, entertaining, holidays