Chocolate Drizzled Pop Corn
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3-5 min.
- Total Time: 12-15 min.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups of pop corn (approximately 2 large bags of your favorite pop corn)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup of white melting chocolate
- 1/4 tsp. shortening (for each chocolate you are melting)
- Lay out the popped pop corn on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Or, you can add the popped corn to a very large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler method or the microwave. I find for this quick recipe that the microwave is fine. Be sure to melt the chocolate at 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval. Usually two 20 second sessions is enough. The chocolate chips will still be solid but with continuous stirring they will melt into the perfect temperature.
- Using a fork drizzle the melted chocolate over the pop corn. Add as much or as little as you choose. Let the chocolate harden, approx. 20 minutes, before adding the white chocolate.
- If you want to cover more of the pop corn with chocolate then using a bowl is the way to stir in the melted chocolate to cover as much of the kernels as possible.
- After you have covered the pop corn with the chocolate spread it out on the lined baking sheet to dry.
- Add in any of your favorite candy, nuts and you can also drizzle on more chocolate if your wish.