Actually, I make these cookies anytime throughout the year and use different add-ins. Add in chopped nuts, lemon or orange zest or even mini chocolate chips.
You can whip up a batch of these cookies in less than 45 minutes including clean up. I often make these after dinner to have with a cup of tea.
They are so simple to prepare, blend the flour and sugar, add your ‘add-ins’ and then add the softened butter and blend with a fork until a dough forms. Scoop onto prepared cookie sheets and bake. This takes all of 10-12 minutes.
The cookies bake in 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and then cover with powdered sugar. A delicious cookie that will #FillTheCookieJar this month.
- 1 cup of flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbls. ground coconut flakes
- 1 stick of butter softened
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract (or you can use coconut extract if you wish)
- ⅓ cup confectioners sugar
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour and powdered sugar and the ground coconut flakes.
- Add in the softened butter & vanilla and mix with a fork or your hands just until the mixture comes together and forms a dough - it takes only seconds.
- Using a teaspoon scoop, drop the dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes just until the bottoms are light golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Add the ⅓ cup of powdered sugar to a plastic bag and drop the cooled cookies into the bag and shake until the cookies are coated with sugar.
On the first Thursday of each month the #FillTheCookieJar group share our cookie creations. If you enjoy baking and would like to bake with the group each month contact Cynthia at Feeding Big.