Coconut Snowball Cookies on a cold snowy winter day with a cup of hot chocolate will warm you up after shoveling snow.
Actually, I make these cookies anytime throughout the year and use different add-ins. Add in chopped nuts, lemon or orange zest or even mini chocolate chips.
You can whip up a batch of these cookies in less than 45 minutes including clean up. I often make these after dinner to have with a cup of tea.
They are so simple to prepare, blend the flour and sugar, add your ‘add-ins’ and then add the softened butter and blend with a fork until a dough forms. Scoop onto prepared cookie sheets and bake. This takes all of 10-12 minutes.
The cookies bake in 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and then cover with powdered sugar. A delicious cookie that will #FillTheCookieJar this month.Print
Coconut Snowball Cookies
Coconut Snowball Cookies is an very easy cookie recipe you can make anytime. You can add anything you wish if coconut is not a favorite. This cookie yields approximately 18-20 cookies per batch.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 15 min.
- Total Time: 40-45 min.
- Yield: 18-20 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbls. ground coconut flakes
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (or you can use coconut extract if you wish)
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour and powdered sugar and the ground coconut flakes.
- Add in the softened butter & vanilla and mix with a fork or your hands just until the mixture comes together and forms a dough – it takes only seconds.
- Using a teaspoon scoop, drop the dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes just until the bottoms are light golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Add the 1/3 cup of powdered sugar to a plastic bag and drop the cooled cookies into the bag and shake until the cookies are coated with sugar.
Keywords: Shortbread cookie dough, coconut snowball cookies, easy cookie recipe, dessert
You can make this delicious and easy snowball cookie recipe with the #kidsinthekitchen. If coconut is not a fan favorite you can add in sprinkles for the kiddies, or chocolate chips. On a cold blustery day make some hot chocolate! YUM!
This recipe was originally shared with the #FillTheCookieJar group hosted byCynthia at Feeding Big.