Parmesan coated baked chicken cutlets is a recipe that is easy to make and family friendly.
It’s the recipe you will go to time and again to make in advance and freeze for those hectic days when time is short. This recipe is your homemade ‘fast food’.
My family enjoys fried chicken cutlets. Frying chicken cutlets is a chore that I just do not enjoy. It’s messy – the oil splatters all over the stove – and it takes a while to fry a dozen chicken cutlets, and sometimes a dozen is just not enough.
These baked chicken cutlets are a time saver and I found that they freeze/defrost/reheat extremely well. This is definitely the route to the frying alternative.
The process is very easy – crumb mixture and egg whites – a non-stick sheet pan, or you can use a baking pan, and in 45 minutes you are done.
When the chicken was baking I was concerned that they were not browning as much as I wanted, BUT when I re-heated them they browned nicely and were crispy and delicious.
If you are making these on one of those busy days and do not have time to make homemade marinara sauce there’s no need to fret. You can just put out the ketchup bottle, it’s always a favorite in our family.
Make these early on game day for a crowd. You can cut up the chicken into large cubes, bake and serve as appetizers on game day! Definitely a crowd pleaser.Print
Parmesan Coated Baked Chicken Cutlets
Baked Chicken Cutlets are coated with parmesan cheese giving this easy dinner lots of flavor. This recipe can easily be cooked in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
- Total Time: 30 min + air fryer time
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 3 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3-4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Easy Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- If the chicken breasts are thick flatten them, or slice in half.
- In a medium size bowl add the egg whites and whisk until very frothy.
- In another bowl add the cheese, panko and bread crumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the egg whites and then coat with the crumb mixture.
- Lay out on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray.
- Depending on the thickness of the chicken, bake 10-15 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
**2018 update – This recipe can be prepared as is. It can also be cooked in the air fryer, starting from step #6, add to your air fryer to bake. It’s very easy!
You might enjoy this very easy & versatile recipe for Easy Red Sauce. This is a delicious marinara sauce you can use as a dipping sauce.
Or on game day you can serve a kid friendly ‘mickey d’s’ copykat Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce. This is a winner and a kids friendly dipping sauce.