Almond Coconut Chocolate Bark is a quick and easy snack to make anytime.
Almond Coconut Chocolate Bark
Today was a crazy day and when we returned home late this afternoon I wanted to make something to snack on that was quick and also chocolatey. I wanted something for Valentine’s Day as well as a snack for tonight.
I opened the fridge and a package of bark thins came tumbling out and grampy said “Oh, that’s what I was looking for last night! Where did they come from?” Well, they were in the back of the fridge and just happened to tumble out when I was looking for something else.
There was one tiny piece of chocolate in the package. Now I’m saying here’s my quick and easy snack and of course grampy quickly responded ‘nothing is ever as quick and easy’ as you think.!@?
Well I’m here to tell you this is a quick and easy snack that is very economical/inexpensive to make rather than to buy the small 4 oz. package for almost $5.00.
You can make any type combination of chocolate bark based on what your likes are and what is in your pantry. I always have an assortment of our favorite nuts and coconut in my pantry so that is what I used. And of course I always have a huge supply of chocolate in my pantry which I buy when it’s on sale.
Here’s all your do: chop the nuts and coconut in the food processor – melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler –
spread out the chocolate on a non-stick foil or parchment lined sheet pan – stir in the chopped nuts and coconut and chill.
Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour and you have the best chocolate “bark” without paying a premium price. When you can’t get out and want a snack, you can make this in less than 20 minutes. You just need to wait for chill time.Print
Almond Coconut Chocolate Bark
Easy to make Almond Coconut Chocolate Bark is a quick and easy snack to make on the ‘fly’. This is such a versatile sweet treat to make for any day, any season, and of course it’s great for parties, game day snacks. Use your preferred chocolate to melt and add in whatever you choose. Use dried fruits, assorted nuts and make it special for any day!
- Prep Time: 5-8 min.
- Cook Time: 5-8 min. melting chocolate
- Total Time: 10 minutes + 2-3 hrs. chill time
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup chopped unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 10 oz. package 60% Cacao chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. of coconut shortening
- Chop the coconut flakes and the nuts separately in a mini chopper or food processor and set aside.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips adding in the teaspoon of the coconut shortening (you could use regular shortening if you do not have the coconut shortening). Stir the chocolate well until the chips are melted.
- Pour the chocolate into the prepared sheet pan and then sprinkle in the coconut and nuts.
- Spread the mix-ins into the chocolate and smooth evenly in the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Remove and cut up in chunks.
Keywords: chocolate dessert, melted chocolate candy snacks, chocolate bark, nuts, coconut, dried fruits
The dark chocolate, coconut and almonds are good for you in a good way. There is no added sugar, no added dairy and this is an economical snack to make.
Make this special treat for baby showers and bridal showers as well!! There is always a game to watch, or family movie night. Definitely prepare in advance.