Shrove Tuesday Pancakes
Shrove Tuesday Pancakes are a very easy recipe. The pancakes are more crepe like and they can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Different fruits and toppings make this a very flexible recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes prep
- Cook Time: 2-3 minutes ea. pancake
- Total Time: 20-25 min.
- Yield: approx. 6-8
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup AP flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbls. butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbls. additional butter for coating pan
- In a medium size mixing bowl sift the flour and salt. Make a well in the center of flour.
- Add in the eggs, milk and melted butter into the center of the well and whisk just until well blended. The batter should be a very thin pancake batter consistency.
- Let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes.
Cooking the Pancakes
- Coat an 8 inch saute pan with butter and heat on medium to high heat. When pan is hot pour in the batter in a thin stream while swirling the pan. The pan should have an even coating of batter.
- Turn over the pancake as soon as the batter looks dry – this only takes a few seconds. Flip over and cook the other side for another few seconds until lightly browned and place on a platter.
- Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- To serve the pancakes you can either roll them and sprinkle with sugar or your favorite syrup – OR – fold them in half then in half again and serve with desired topping.
Keywords: pancakes, shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras, crepes, easy brunch recipe