Homemade Easter Cutout Marshmallows
Homemade Easter Cutout Marshmallows. I used Monk Fruit in place of the granulated sugar and it worked perfectly. This recipe is adapted from www.butterwithasideofbread.com homemade chocolate marshmallows recipe.
- Prep Time: 30-40 min.
- Cook Time: 8-12 minutes
- Total Time: overnight set up
- Yield: 3-4 dz.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 packets of Knox unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup of cold water
- 3/4 cup granulated Lakanto Monk Fruit
- 1 1/3 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For Tray Prep:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit confectioners sugar
For Chocolate Dipping: Chocolate Chips
Prepare two 11×14 baking sheets – lightly coat with non-stick spray and top with parchment paper. *Sift the mixture of flour/confectioners sugar to coat the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the corn syrup and set aside. The bowl should be quite large since the marshmallow mixture will more than triple in size when you are mixing it to a fluffy texture.
- In a 2 quart saucepan add the cold water and stir in the gelatin continually stirring until dissolved. When the gelatin is dissolved turn on the heat to medium/high and add the sugar. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. This only takes a few minutes.
- Pour the hot sugar into the corn syrup in the large bowl and immediately start beating the mixture on high speed using a hand mixer. Add in the vanilla after a few minutes of mixing. Continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy. As noted in the original recipe it takes approximately 10 minutes to get the right consistency.
- Spread the marshmallow mixture onto prepared trays. Sift additional flour/sugar over the fresh marshmallow and set aside at least 8 hours or overnight.
- The next day when the marshmallows have dried cut out desired shapes.
Melt Chocolate Chips for Coating Marshmallows
Cover the counter/table with wax paper and place wire racks on top. Place the dipped marshmallows on the wire racks to drip and dry.
- Over a double boiler melt 1 cup of chocolate chips stirring constantly. Remove the bowl before all the chips are melted. Stirring constantly will help continue to melt the chips.
- Dip the marshmallows in the melted chocolate and place on wire racks over wax paper to set up.
- Cover with sprinkles and let dry.
Keywords: homemade marshmallows, holiday theme marshmallows, Easter candy, cooking with kids project