An easy vegetarian recipe to make, Farro With Spinach and Mushrooms is a delicious side dish to make anytime. This is also a great light supper with a side salad if you choose to eat light.
1. Cook the farro according to package directions. Drain when cooked and set aside.
2. While the farro is cooking, heat oil in a 10″ saute pan and add in the chopped onion and garlic, cook until translucent – approx. 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the sliced mushrooms and cook 2 to 3 minutes with the onions and garlic just to combine the flavors.
4. Stir in the drained farro to the pan with the mushrooms and sitr just to combine the flavors.
5. Add in the lemon juice and wine if using and stir to combine, cook a minute or two.
6. Add in the vegetable broth and stir well. Cover and cook for a few minutes unitl the flavors come together – approximately 5-7 minutes. If needed you can add more vegetable broth if all the liquid has been absorbed, add in the herbs and continue to cook.
7. Add seasoning to taste and stir in the spinach until the spinach softens – aprox. 30 seconds – and stir in chopped parsley.
Keywords: Farro, salad, vegetarian side dish, easy recipe