Pecan Coconut Topped Brownie Pie
Pecan Coconut Topped Brownie Pie. An easy recipe to make anytime. I made this for Pi Day and quite a few more times after that. Recipe is adapted from marthastewart.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-45 min.
- Total Time: 50 min.
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 6 tbls. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips – divided
- Pecan Coconut Topping:
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbls. melted butter
- 1 tbls. pure maple syrup (taste for your preferred sweetness level & add more if needed)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch pie plate generously with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl blend together the flours, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl add the brown sugar, applesauce and egg and blend together using a wire whisk – takes all of 15 seconds.
- In a small bowl add 1 cup of chocolate chips and the melted butter. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir just until the chips are melted.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the sugar mixture using the whisk, then add in the flour mixture stirring just into well blended – approximately 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared pie plate and top with the remaining chocolate chips – I used a spatula and gently pressed them a little bit into the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Depending on your oven, check on the pie about 30 minutes in to be sure it doesn’t overbake.
Pecan Coconut Topping
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Spread evenly over the top of the baked brownie.
Keywords: pie day, pecan coconut brownie pie, dessert, chocolate