Quick Pan Seared Chicken with roasted vegetables is a weeknight dinner you can prepare in advance.
Quick Pan Seared Chicken
I feel as though I’m sitting on the ledge and someone needs to talk me down from “how to make chicken 100 ways”.
This Pan Seared Chicken prep has a “no mess” marinade. That’s a good thing. The marinade takes just a few minutes to mix together in a bowl or for those like me always looking for a shortcut, you can put it together in no time at all if you eliminate the bowl prep and add the oil, herbs and seasoning directly into a large freezer bag, add in the chicken and refrigerate until you are ready to cook (see photo below).
My family likes plain and simple herbs. Feel free to make this marinade your ‘special of the house’ and add your family’s favorite spices and herbs to make it one of your signature dishes.
Seal the bag and shake a bit so that the chicken is coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to cook.
Quick Pan Seared Chicken
Quick Pan Seared Chicken really is quick to pan sear. You will need more time to roast vegetables for a complete dinner. It’s really quick, the vegetables will roast while you are searing the chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 min.
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 4 large boneless skinless check breasts
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbls. chopped parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tbls. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Marinate Chicken at least 1 hour in advance or until you are ready to cook.
- Add to a large freezer bag the marinade ingredients. Add in the boneless chicken breasts to the bag and gently distribute the marinade to coat the chicken. Place the sealed freezer bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Place the peppers, carrots and onions on a large baking sheet, toss with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Certainly use your favorite vegetables to roast if you do not like the peppers and onions.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 35-45 minutes. (Cooking time depends on how large or small the vegetables are cut and how crowded the pan.)
- Heat a heavy cast iron pan to high. When hot add in the chicken breasts and let cook until they have browned. Turn over and sear the other side. Remove from the pan to a platter.
- Add to the hot pan about ½ cup of chicken broth or white wine and with a wooden spoon stir the pan and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add in the chicken breasts just to heat them through for a minute or two.
- On a platter add the roasted vegetables and top with the chicken.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and your favorite rice, quinoa and/or salad.
Roast your family’s favorite veggies in advance as well. Most vegetables will roast in 45 minutes stirring to turn vegetables half way through the cooking time. Some vegetables may take a little less time than others.
Remove the vegetables from oven when done and set aside on a plate to serve with the chicken. Or you can refrigerate the roasted vegetables until dinner time. Now you have more than half your meal prepared in advance for those hectic days when time is short.
If you prepare this in advance earlier in the day you can reheat the chicken and raosted vegetables when it’s time to get dinner ready. This is a huge time saver. Than just prepare a large tossed salad as a side while everything is heating up.
PLEASE SHARE &