This recipe is adapted from the Kraft Minute Tapioca recipe on the package. The pudding can be a little thick if it’s overcooked but not to worry, just stir in additional milk as needed.
- Prep Time: 5-7 min.
- Cook Time: 10-12 min.
- Total Time: 30 min. cooling
- Yield: 3 servings
- Category: desset
- Cuisine: American
- 1 egg, separated
- 4 tbls. Monk fruit, divided
- 3 tbls. Minute Tapioca
- 2 cups light coconut milk (you can use Almond Milk or your preferred milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- In a small bowl beat the egg white with mixer on high speed until foamy and gradually add in 2 tablespoons of Monk fruit, continue beating until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add tapioca and stir in the remaining sugar, milk and egg yolk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat on stove to medium and stir the tapioca mixture constantly until the mixture comes to a full boil (it doesn’t stop bubbling when stirred). Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the egg white until well blended. Then stir in the vanilla.
- Cool 20 minutes; stir. (If the pudding is too thick you can add more milk a little at a time to get the desired consistency.)
- When the tapioca is chilled, prepare the parfaits by adding fresh berries, tapioca and more berries. The proportions for layering the dessert is determined by the size of the parfait glasses and your preference of fruit to pudding ratios.
Keywords: summer dessert, tapioca, pudding, easy recipe