Baked Doughnut Assortment
for any week day, weekend, or snacking while watching your favorite team. It’s a quick and easy recipe to make anytime.
Sometimes we think making doughnuts is very time consuming and we just open a store bought package. Today I’m here to share with you this very easy recipe. Would you believe these are prepped and baked in less than 35 minutes?
You read this right – it’s not a typo! The prep for mixing the batter takes less than 10 minutes. It’s all done in one bowl and mixed with a whisk. Bake time is a mere 6 to 9 minutes – the time will vary based on your oven and altitude.
All you need to make them special is some sprinkles, powdered sugar, and imagination. The kids have no trouble letting you know what they want on their doughnuts.
This recipe is a ‘keeper’! The first time I made this recipe it was almost 4:00 pm in the afternoon. A hectic time in many households I would think. I decided to make these doughnuts while I was starting to get dinner ready – it was easy, no mess and didn’t get in my way.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can make an assortment of doughnuts – sugar glazed, chocolate dipped, cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, add sprinkles, nuts, marshmallows . . . the possibilities are endless. As you can see below I made red, white, and blue doughnuts also. Choose color sprinkles or glaze based on the current holiday for a festive look.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- ⅜ cup sugar (I used Monk fruit)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅜ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbls. butter melted
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1½ tbls. butter
- 1 tbls. corn syrup
- In large mixing bowl sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add in the buttermilk, egg, and butter. Using a whisk blend ingredients just until well combined.
- Fill the doughnut wells approximately ⅔ full with the batter. Bake 6 to 9 minutes, until the doughnuts spring back when touched. Do not overbake.
- Let the doughnuts cool in the pan 5 minutes before removing.
- Cool the doughnuts before adding your favorite glazes.
- In a small bowl add the chips, butter and corn syrup and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well until the chips are melted and everything is well blended. (If the chips have not all melted heat for just a few seconds at a time and stir well.)
- Dip the cooled doughnuts in the chocolate and spread the chocolate evenly on the doughnut.
- Add your favorite toppings to the chocolate before the chocolate hardens.
Make this baked doughnut assortment anytime the kids are looking for something different. This is the perfect snack.
Everyone in my family has a favorite topping and each one is different so this baked doughnut assortment makes everyone feel special. I recently made these festive red, white, and blue baked doughnuts.
Decorate the doughnuts for any occasion. Think baby shower, bridal shower, graduations, or if it’s game day use the team colors.
Celebrate any day with this quick and easy Baked Doughnut Assortment recipe.