is an easy to make marshmallow snack with the added crunch of granola.
Life is so hectic these days, with summer activities for the kids and weekend gatherings, snacks are a must have.
Kids of all ages are always looking for something to snack on and if you are like me, we need to have a snack or sweet treat for everyone.
These s’mores bites can be made while you are waiting for one load of laundry to finish. I couldn’t believe it, or actually grampy couldn’t believe that I made these s’mores bites and was cleaning up the last of the granola crumbs when the last load of laundry was spinning.
You will love this easy recipe. It’s one you can make all summer or anytime of the year for the kids, or for you! No Campfire Required!
When I saw the ‘new’ Kraft StackerMallows quite a while ago, I had to buy them. They looked like they would be easy to work with for this recipe and yes, they were!
I used a mixture of cinnamon crunch cereal and granola for the coating and of course a cup of chocolate chips for melting. Nothing unusual, you probably have everything you need, maybe just pick up a bag of marshmallows and you can use whatever cereal you have, which of course the kids already like.
Don’t you just love flexible recipes? This is one recipe you can make if you are stuck at home in the middle of winter during a blizzard or if it’s the middle of summer and too hot to go out until the sun goes down.
Just use whatever cereal you have in your pantry, melt a few chocolate chips and s’mores bites will be ready in no time flat.
That’s what I love about being in the kitchen, you can be creative and make a recipe the kids will enjoy. With this recipe you can engage the kids to help you by having them crush the cereal or graham crackers.
Place the dipped marshmallows on parchment lined baking sheet and set aside to dry. You can chill them in the fridge if you have the room and in about 30 minutes they will be ready for snacking.
If making these s’mores bites in the summer keep them stored in the fridge on a plate covered with foil. The marshmallows stay soft for a week – we were quite busy this week and weren’t snacking as often – they were still delicious after 5 days.Print
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Total Time: chill 2-3 hrs
- Yield: 2-3 dozen
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 to 3 dz. marshmallow stackers (these are the flat square marshmallows)
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers or cinnamon grahams cereal crushed
- 1 cup granola (without raisins and nuts)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use 60% dark chocolate, but you can use your favorite chocolate)
- First you want to lay out parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Use a shallow dish and add the granola.
- Add the cereal or graham crackers to a plastic bag and gently crush them. Add to the granola mixture.
- To melt the chocolate I like to place the bowl over a pot with simmering water, but you can melt them in the microwave if this works for you. Let the melted chocolate sit for about 5 minutes, this will help to cool the chocolate a bit and make it easier to work with.
- Place a marshmallow on a fork and gently dip into the melted chocolate. Shake off some of the excess chocolate.
- Hold the dipped marshmallow over the granola bowl and sprinkle the granola over the marshmallow.
- Lay the marshmallow down onto the prepared parchment paper.
- Continue this process until you’ve reached the desired amount of s’mores bites needed for your snack!
Keywords: Easy s'mores recipe, granola, graham crackers, easy dessert/snack recipe
I’m a big fan of S’mores anytime of year. They bring the outdoors in and brings out the kid in everyone.