Bring the campfire inside and enjoy s’mores cookie bars any time of the year. Great for warming up in winter or a delicious game day snack.
S’mores Cookie Bars
Almost everyone really enjoy s’mores. The marshmallows and the warm melting chocolate are almost irresistible so why not make s’mores at home.
Lighting a campfire is definitely not practical for those of us who live in larger cities. These yummy s’mores cookie bars brings the camping experience to you anytime of the year.
I was keeping my fingers crossed that this recipe would work and I’m so glad it did.
This month we are celebrating Father’s Day and I thought a s’mores inspired cookie was fitting. My dad was an outdoorsy kind of guy. He often took us fishing and we looked forward to the summer family picnics on the lake.
Our picnics were always fun and especially at sunset when my dad would re-light the grill so he could melt our marshmallows over the fire. I don’t know if that was a healthy thing to do but we ate the marshmallows and decades later we are all still here remembering the fun we had during those summer picnics way back then.
So here I share with you this very quick and easy S’mores Cookie Bar recipe that took just about 35 minutes from start to finish. Yes, that is a very accurate statement – I would never mislead you.
Campfire not necessary for this recipe, you only need a few basic ingredients – butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and flour – along with crushed graham crackers and of course the main ingredients, marshmallows and chocolate.
You can add crushed graham crackers on top which would be the icing on the cake, but I used all the graham crackers I had in the filling – a bit of a bummer, they would have added a nice touch to the photo, but that’s how the cookie crumbles.Print
S’mores Cookie Bars
S’mores Cookie Bars brings in the campfire any time of the year. This easy to make recipe will cheer everyone up in the middle of a cold snap or enjoy them on game day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbls. vanilla
- 1 cup AP flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers (approx. 2-3 crackers)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows and Marshmallow Fluff
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Melt the butter and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a medium size bowl add in the melted butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla and blend well with a whisk.
- Add in the flour and continue to whisk just until well combined. Stir in the crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and half of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish. Add remaining chocolate chips on the top of the batter and if you wish you can dollop a few spoonfuls of marshmallow fluff on top.
- Bake in preheated oven approximately 20-25 minutes. I tested the cookie batter using a toothpick, it came out clean after 22 minutes.
Keywords: s'mores, cookie bars, s'mores cookie bars, easy recipe
This recipe is flexible, you can add your favorite chocolate – milk, semi-sweet or dark or a combination. You can also use mini Hershey’s chocolate bars in place of the chocolate chips if you choose. It’s all just a matter of what your prefer.
If you bake ‘on the fly’ as I do and I don’t have an ingredient, I improvise when I can. So have fun and make S’mores Cookie Bars at home anytime of the year.