Lemon Iced Lemon Cookies
Lemon Iced Lemon Cookies is a very easy sugar cookie recipe adapted from a sugar cookie recipe I found a few years ago on Fine Cooking.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 13-15 min.
- Total Time: 40-50 min.
- Yield: approx. 2 dozen
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (I used 1 cup each of AP Flour & White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated Sugar (I used Monk Fruit)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature but not too soft
- 2 tbs. vegetable shortening, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl sift the flour baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer) beat the sugar, butter, shortening and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg to the sugar/butter mixture and mix for a few seconds to combine. Add in the vanilla, lemon juice and honey and continue to mix at medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Now add in the flour mixture and mix on low for a few seconds. Scrape down the bowl and mix on medium-low speed until just until the dough is well blended – approx. 15-25 seconds.
- Using a cookie scoop, 1 tablespoon size, scoop dough onto prepared pan and flatten to approx. 1/4 inch, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time until the edges are golden and the tops are cracked but not completely set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: sugar cookie recipe, easy dessert, lemon cookies